Accu-Vent - Automatic Degassing Valve
Accu-Vent Automatic Degassing Valves are designed to automatically vent gases and vapors that are commonly released from chemicals such as Sodium Hypochlorite, Hydrogen Peroxide, or Sulfuric Acid.
Gases or vapor are compressible, and if not vented cause what is known as vapor lock in your metering pump and the system, causing the metering pump to malfunction and in most cases the pump to stop discharging chemical to the system.
The valve is designed to allow for the venting of gases and condensed vapor back to the feed tank, which improves priming on initial startups and continuous trouble free operation while working under pressure.
The valve when in operation vents gases, vapor and a small amount of liquid, which is the same as the chemical being pumped. This discharge must be returned through hard piping or tubing back to tank, to prevent personnel or equipment from coming in contact with the vented corrosive liquid.
Standard features include:
- CPVC (Corzan) or 316 Stainless Steel corrosion-resistant wetted materials of construction
- Specially designed float material automatically vents built-up gases on system start-up and under working pressure
- Can be used on feed or discharge side of pump (or both)
- Standard CPVC and Stainless Steel 1/2", 3/4", or 1" NPT threaded connections, or optional socketweld
- NEW! Stainless Steel Accu-Vent with 1.5" or 2" connections, for chemical, temperature, and pressure applications
- NEW! Compact Accu-Vent with 1/4" connection
- Accu-Vent now certified to NSF/ANSI-61
- Standard CPVC 1/2" or 3/4" NPT threaded connections, or optional socketweld
- CPVC Corzan corrosion-resistant materials of construction
- Specially designed float material that automatically vents built up gases on system start-up or under working pressure
- Maximum temperature of 82℃ (180℉)
- Maximum pressure of 232 psig
Accu-Vent Instruction Manual
Accu-Vent Exploded View
Special Application Accu-Vent
- Stainless Steel Accu-Vents are now available, and with 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1.5" and 2" connections. They are best for applications with specific chemical, temperature, or pressure concerns
- Stainless Steel Accu-Vents are rated to a maximum temperature of 260℃ (500℉) and a maximum pressure of 250 psig
- Compact Accu-Vents are available with a 1/4" NPT or BSPT connection
- Compact Accu-Vents have a temperature rating of 82℃ (180℉) and pressure rating of 150 psig
- Accu-Vent is also available in PVDF and other materials of construction as requested